MICHELLI has over 20 U.S. locations in the south to the west coast.
G.T. Michelli Inc.: (13 locations) Harahan, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Bossier City, LA; Sulphur, LA; Monroe, LA; Scott, LA; Mobile, AL; Alabaster, AL; Jackson, MS; Olive Branch, MS (metro Memphis, TN): Alexander, AR; Texarkana, AR; Springdale, AR;
Michelli Measurement Group: (8 locations) Santa Fe Springs, CA; Stockton, CA; Fresno, CA; Chula Vista, CA; Beaverton, OR; Kent, WA; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV
The corporate offices are located in Harahan, LA (metro New Orleans)
In business since 1947, G.T. Michelli Co. represents world-class manufacturers offering sales, calibration service, rental, and repair of Industrial Weighing & Measurement equipment. The company is ISO9001:2008 Registered and ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited.
Our company performs technical services
With extensive knowledge and experience in the Weighing and Measurement Industry, our company assists customers with solving simple to unique complex solutions for automation, accurate measuring and recording, improving work-flow, minimizing errors and streamlining processes.
See our Products and Service below:
Industrial Scale Weighing Products - truck, rail, forklift, floor, counting, laboratory, check weighing, explosion-proof, crane and more.
Force Measurement Products - dynamometers, test stands, force gauges, bolting tools and torque wrenches (hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical) and more.
Calibration Services - scales and balances, torque wrenches, pressure gauges, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, rod standards, multi-meters, clamp meters, oscilloscopes, process calibrators, decade resistors, dry
It takes a large investment in tools, test equipment, and training to properly install and service the wide variety of scale hardware, which exists today. We have a number of resources not commonly found at the distributor level in our industry:
- Fully equipped ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Calibration Lab for Calibration of Scales, Balances, Electronics, Torque, Force,
- Seven 20,000 lb. capacity Test Trucks, Six 55,000 lb. capacity Test Trucks utilizing a 25,000 lb. capacity Weight Testing Cart.
- 160,000 lb. capacity tension and compression universal Test Machine
- 400,000 lb. capacity compression tester
- Portable Force Calibration Systems for field calibration of heavy capacity tank and hopper scales
- Custom computer software design and development
- Extensive rental equipment fleet consisting of:
- Truck scales (portable units 35 ft or 70 ft long x 11 ft wide, capacities up to 200,000 lbs)
- Floor scales (sizes 4’ x 4’ or 5’ x 5’, capacities up to 20,000 lbs)
- Dynamometers / Crane scales (capacities 1,000 to 550,000 lbs)
- Counting scales
- NIST traceable certified test weights
- Torque and Bolting tools (hydraulic & pneumatic, wide-range of sizes)
- ......and much more
Industry Involvement and Recognition
- G.T. Michelli, Jr. was Past-president of the International Society of Weighing & Measurement (1987-1988); Past-president of Scale Dealers Association; LA
Deptartmentof Agriculture W&M Commission member 2002-2008; “Woody” Woodland Award recipient (1991); Mark Pickell Award recipient (1991)
- Corporate Members of International Society of Weighing & Measurement
- Corporate Members of National Conference of Weighing and Measurement
- Corporate Members of Scale Dealers Association
- State of Louisiana Licensed Contractor (License# 31548)
- State of Arkansas Licensed Contractor (License# 0328620514)
- State of Mississippi Licensed Contractor (License# 20207-SC)
- State of Tennessee Licensed Contractor (License# 00067444)
- State of Alabama Licensed Contractor (License# 51703)
- ISO9001:2008 Registered (certificate# C2015-01399)
- ISO/IEC17025 Accredited (certificates #3601.01, #3601.02, #3601.03, #3601.04)
Our State licensed and factory trained technicians perform a full range of scale calibration, installation, and repair services. All of our locations are fully stocked with factory approved replacement part and equipment with state of the art NIST certified test equipment.